Your job as the Marketing Coordinator will be to masterfully support an industry-leading marketing team as we get business-changing digital courses into the hands of the entrepreneurs who need them most. Sound fun? It is!
Our perfect candidate is a team player who has the experience, know-how, and a mean go-getter attitude to provide behind-the-scenes support in our core area of business – promoting and launching digital courses.
The Marketing Coordinator will be directly supporting our Senior Marketing Manager, who’s responsible for overseeing some of the business’ major marketing projects and promotions.
The Marketing Coordinator of our dreams loves being part of a tight-knit team and thrives in a collaborative role because, while this full-time position reports directly to our Senior Marketing Manager, you will also work closely with other key members of the team.
As Marketing Coordinator, your projects will reflect and support an ever-changing online marketing world. This means no more nauseatingly predictable workdays or 9-5 monotony. There is plenty of freedom and flexibility to take care of personal tasks as well as carving out time to recharge as necessary.
During launch periods (typically a maximum of two weeks at a time), the whole team goes into all-hands-on-deck mode. This means evenings and weekends until the job is done, and it may even mean doing tasks that aren’t normally contained within the job description of this role. For many, this can be some of the most challenging and rewarding work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to carry out important responsibilities that accomplish our biggest, boldest digital course launches, including:
- Liasoning between our external website project manager and the internal marketing team and fulfilling duties related to the redesign of our company website
- Liasoning between our podcast manager and the internal marketing team and fulfilling duties related to podcast initiatives and growth
- Managing outside contractors and team members involved in executing inbound marketing campaigns including copywriters, editors, and designers to aid in SEO and Blog Content Creation
- Acting as quality control and peer reviewer for copy, creative, email, and web pages
- Pulling data daily/weekly/monthly and translating those metrics into tangible actions we can take to improve our results
- Creating, maintaining, and executing through Asana project plans to ensure each task is up to date and completed on time
- Overseeing email marketing campaigns and strategies
- Creation and upkeep of relevant SOPs
- Launch support, including behind the scenes support and client relationships
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 2+ years of experience in the world of digital marketing
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously — gets things done, meets deadlines, and keeps promises
- Insane attention to detail
- Lives for analytics, numbers, and data measurements
- Ability to present ideas and metrics clearly and concisely
- Extremely flexible
- High level of maturity
- Coachable and willing to leave ego at the door – AKA happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to create strong relationships with vendors, contractors, customers, and key figures in other organizations
- Problem solver, solution-oriented, and highly creative when it comes to tackling challenges big and small
If you’d like to be considered for this role please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- Answer the following questions:
- Why do you think you are the best fit for this position?
- How did you learn about this opportunity?
- How do you best define your communication style?
Although we permit “side gigs” / work outside this role, it must not compete or overlap with the work we do, or interfere with your role and responsibilities within the team. Any consulting, coaching or side gigs related to marketing, business building or entrepreneurship are not permitted. This allows us to project a united front, show that we are in this together as one business, and have the greatest possible impact.
Please note, applicants must be located in the United States.
If you want to step into a role with a great opportunity, enjoy knowing all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you!
Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do:
We empower entrepreneurs to build profitable online businesses that bring creative, professional and personal freedom.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping budding entrepreneurs break free in the areas of business that were once holding them back into new levels of joy and fulfillment. We give these entrepreneurs tangible proof that small actions every day will ultimately build a business worth creating and a life guided by their own design.
We lead a fun-loving culture and a dedicated team that is committed to excellence. We always find the upside to any situation and maintain the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Amy Porterfield from her top-rated “Online Marketing Made Easy” podcast, or from the courses and webinars she offers to help entrepreneurs build their business through social media and online marketing strategies. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our team is ambitious (always striving for excellence), hungry (competitive to the core; always wanting to be at the top) and enthusiastic (always excited about the work we are doing.)
- We value drive, hard work and kicking ass. When the heat’s turned up, we step up to the challenge. We are equally thoughtful about our commitments.
- We believe that everyone is doing the very best they can in the moment. We lead with love, patience and understanding.
- We believe in continuous growth and are open to feedback and necessary tough conversations to move us forward.
- We are strategic and thoughtful in our actions. We believe there is always a way to make it work and we will do the digging to figure it out. We rely on each other when we get stuck.
- We take pride in our reputation as industry leaders. We are honest, professional and intentional.
- We believe we are all leaders. We own our individual positions like a boss.
- We prioritize the down time so that we can be our best when we are showing up for ourselves, our team members and our students.
- We believe in the diversity and inclusion of all people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences.
We laugh . . . a lot.
- We genuinely like working with each other, so finding the fun in the moment, even when things are tough, it is just part of our culture.
Team Porterfield Perks:
Did we forget to mention all of the Team Porterfield perks? We're fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation, bonus potential and flexible-time-off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- Generous 401K Program
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- What can we say? We really like each other! From team building events and happy hours to annual team trips, we like to work hard and play hard!
- Plus you’ll be workin’ for boss lady Amy Porterfield! (Did you know she was nominated for Forbes’ Top Social Media Influencer?)
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Amy left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At Team Porterfield we’re all family, here to support each other. You’ll find coworkers that cheer on your professional milestones as well as your personal victories.
- We believe in the diversity and inclusion of people regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and religion. This includes thoughts, ideas, beliefs and experiences. We are a pro-inclusion and anti-racism organization dedicated to upholding and enforcing policies to support it.
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities and you get to choose!
- While still taking care of business we like to take care of our community too! Giving back is important to Team Porterfield!